I am a snack eater by nature. I’m guessing it comes from my love of food. I like to keep my snacks both healthy and filling and wanted to share with you my go to snacks.
So, here are my top go-to snacks:
1. Apples (with almond butter if I need some protein and a heartier snack)
2. Cinnamon raisin Ezekiel English muffin with a small dab of Earth Balance and a good sprinkle of cinnamon
3. Ezekiel pitas (broiled with a little EVOO, black pepper & crushed red pepper) and hummus
4. Whey protein shake mixed with water
5. Smoothie made with bananas, almond milk and berries or bananas, cocoa powder and almond milk (vanilla protein powder in both, add in spinach for even more nutritional vale for very few calories.)
6. Nuts- almonds, pistachios and walnuts are my favorites
7. Popcorn (low in calories so you can snack on a big portion), sprinkle with nutritional yeast to get a cheesy flavor and some B vitamins!
8. Veggies and hummus (my favorites are bell peppers)
9. Greek yogurt with a little honey and chia seeds (add in almond butter/peanut butter to create a meal or heavier snack) <—one of my pregnancy go-to lunches
10. Flaxseed and chia seeds drink. This fills me up quickly with all the fiber. Add in cinnamon for even more health benefits!
11. Bars (I like Larabars, Clif Mojo, Clif Monster and Luna the best, and always switch up which I’m eating to keep them fun). Since having Cameryn I always keep these in my purse and usually eat one in the morning. It is a quick way to get in some calories fast and there is no prep work.
12. 1/2 plain Ezekiel English muffin with peanut butter/almond butter and sometimes with a little jelly
So there you have it, my top go-to healthy snacks.
Question: What are your favorite go to healthy snacks?