Questions for Celebrity Trainer Jackie Warner and Trader Joe Suggestions

20 Mar

Congratulations to the Lash Genius giveaway winner comment #4- Krista!  Please email me at TrainerKjirsten@aol.com with your shipping information and I’ll get your package sent out to you!

Today is going to be a busy busy day and I’m excited.  I start off my day training two awesome clients at the gym.  Then I need to head home and relieve Keith of babysitting duty so he can get to work.  Next I need to get to Trader Joe’s, our local organic grocery store New Frontiers, and workout (45 minutes on the elliptical and core).  Then it’s time to call and interview celebrity personal trainer Jackie Warner.  I received an email last week asking if I would be interested in it and I said yes, of course!  She has a new book coming out today and I think she is doing a huge media blitz including talking with some bloggers!  Smile

I’m not sure what to ask her so any questions you have, please leave them in the comments section below!

Also, since I’m new to Trader Joe’s (we just had one open in our town) what products do you recommend trying out?  I’ve gone twice and it has been so busy I haven’t really had the chance to scope out the store.  I also don’t know what I’m looking for.  So any product suggestions would be fabulous!!!

__________________________________________________________

Onto my eats from yesterday:

• Breakfast-  Clif Monster Bar and coffee with cream (used up the last of it)
  • Lunch-  Ezekiel English muffin with egg, spinach, salsa and cheese, plus a glass of grapefruit and orange juice made fresh in the vitamix (1 whole grapefruit and orange peeled and cut into fours, 1/4 cup water and 3/4 cup ice- blend until smooth)
  • PM Snack-  1/2 Ezekiel English muffin (cinnamon raisin) topped with earth balance and cinnamon + a small handful of Sunchips
  • Dinner-  Salad (spring mix, cherry tomatoes, avocado, cheese and white onion) with chicken breast and homemade dressing (olive oil, balsamic, pepper, salt, minced garlic and Dijon mustard)

*The roads became perfect to drive on one the sun came out so we were able to run some errands and get some food for dinner!  Smile

IMG_6409IMG_6415IMG_6417IMG_6418

____________________________________________________________

My workout from yesterday- 20 minutes intervals and Legs + Shoulders

*My intervals started off great.  They are so much harder to do on the elliptical!  I cranked up the resistance and went as hard as I could for a minute.  I felt like I was going to pass out (not really) while I was doing them.  At 12 minutes in, the baby started crying so I had to take a little break and soothe her before finishing up another 10 minutes of them.

My tips for working out at home are to set everything up you need to make the workout happen.  For example I brought a kitchen chair to where our elliptical is and got all the weights ready for me to go.  This way I can putz less and just get after it!

Chair for step ups, elliptical for intervals, 10s, 15s & 30s for the workout, cleared hallway for walking lunges and most important a well behaved baby in her beloved swing!  Smile

IMG_6402IMG_6403IMG_6404IMG_6405IMG_6408

We actually rearranged this room last evening as we bought a new TV for the room. This will help make the time go quicker when I’m doing cardio at home since I’ve been using the elliptical so much.

___________________________________________________________

That’s it for me today!  I hope you all have a great Tuesday!  Make it terrific, inspire others and be happy!  : )

Questions:

• What is a question you have for celebrity trainer Jackie Warner?
  • What are your favorite things to buy at Trader Joe’s?

22 Responses to “Questions for Celebrity Trainer Jackie Warner and Trader Joe Suggestions”

1. morriskr March 20, 2012 at 7:53 am #

I’m so excited to try the Lash Genius! I am actually planning to do a Jackie Warner DVD during baby’s afternoon nap today. Hmm I would probably ask her what type of workout she recommends when you have limited time, like those of us with infants.
    We don’t have Trader Joe’s here so unfortunately I don’t have any faves. I SO want one!
    Krista

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 21, 2012 at 8:58 am #

So happy you won! I plan on getting it sent out for you today! I haven’t tried out any of her DVDs, how do you like them?

• morriskr March 26, 2012 at 8:36 am #

I just have one, it’s pretty good! About 40 minutes long and you use light weights continuously to keep the HR up.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 26, 2012 at 5:23 pm #

Nice, that sounds like fun and a great workout!

2. Ann Conrad - aka Gramma March 20, 2012 at 9:30 am #

Trader Joe’s has a great Lavender scented bar soap. It has a little exfoliater as well. It is a hard soap and lasts a long time.

3. Claire @ Live & Love to Eat March 20, 2012 at 10:20 am #

Trader Joe’s must-try products: pizza dough, sushi, white cheddar puffs, greek yogurt, and ALL the flavors of hummus (my favs are roasted garlic and tomato basil). 🙂

4. loftyappetite March 20, 2012 at 10:41 am #

I’ve never had anything from trader joe’s that i didn’t love. going there is like an adventure in itself because they get so many new items, there is lots to discover. tho it’s sad when they stop getting your favorites! i recommend getting all your produce there, it’s organic and a fraction of the price (at least compared to my other grocery stores!). Also all the basics: olive oil, all their spices, specialty sauces, mustards, salsas. Oh and their almond butter is the best! I always make Trader Joe’s gift baskets for all of my friends and family who live in a sad place that doesn’t have a TJ! 😉

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 21, 2012 at 8:51 am #

I’m going to have to check out all their mustards! I love mustard and especially different flavors! Thanks for all the tips on what to buy, I can’t wait to try everything out!

5. Running Girl March 20, 2012 at 11:58 am #

Love all the TJ’s hummus. My favorite I think is cilantro jalapeno? It’s amazing. Also, the trail mix, dried fruit, almond butter, desserts, the entire store is fabulous. Also, the peanut butter filled pretzels, which I can’t buy, because I have zero self control with them. 🙂

6. La. March 20, 2012 at 12:23 pm #

Babies make for a busy life! Tomorrow is my 6 wk apt so I should be cleared for the hard stuff now! Can’t wait to read about your interview!

7. jill March 20, 2012 at 4:32 pm #

you cannot go wrong at trader joe’s, i’ve never purchased something i didn’t like … mango sorbet, peanut butter filled pretzels, fiberful leather, roasted seaweed snack, baked lentil chips, wasabi peas, fig spread, pumpkin butter … i could go on and on! please share what you end up purchasing on your first trip!

i would be curious to know what jackie’s thoughts are on the paleo diet & cross fit craze, is it just the “flavor of the year” or is a recommended sustainable lifestyle? also, best ab exercises to get a ripped 6-pack 🙂 post pregnancy.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 21, 2012 at 8:48 am #

I’ll post what we buy! We’ve gone in before but just wandered becuase we didn’t know what we should buy or what we were looking for. I plan on going today and really taking my time looking at all the products!

Good questions! I’ll be asking her about them!

8. Sarah Elliott March 20, 2012 at 5:57 pm #

The corn and chile salsa is my favorite! I go through a jar so fast. The quinoa and black bean chips accompany it well. Love Trader Joe’s!

9. nicole March 21, 2012 at 6:03 am #

WOW! 10,15 and 30 pound weights.Can you post your “at home” workout and which weights you used with each exercise? Thanks!

10. sweetlyvegan March 21, 2012 at 7:23 pm #

I have a huge grapefruit I got from our farmer’s market delivery and I am totally going to make that juice! looks delich 🙂
    Trader Joes has great nut butter…. the raw almond butter is fab. Also their frozen: sweet potato fries, french toast, gluten free waffles, veggie reduced guilt pizzas…
    their vegan canned soups – split pea and the black bean are really good.

ice cream- chocolate or strawberry mochi is super good..

you really can’t go wrong at TJ’s… their fresh cut fruit and organic produce is very tasty and cheap! just always check the labels even though I know you already do.. somethings are surprisingly not as healthy as they might seem at first glance.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 23, 2012 at 5:07 pm #

I need to buy that raw almond butter, it sounds good! I saw their sweet potato fries but didn’t get them since we have some of another brand in our freezer.