Cameryn 9 Weeks

21 Mar

One week goes by and Cameryn just keeps getting cuter and cuter.  Not to mention more fun!  She is now so responsive to everything we do and I love it!  She is also awake a lot of the day so we keep each other entertained by singing, reading books, going for walks, discovering new things around the house, playing on the activity mat, playing with toys and snuggling!

Cameryn does still need to nap during the day and is a lot less cranky at night when she gets her naps in.

Her smiles are out of control amazing and she is usually the most smiley after she is fed or wakes up.  Although sometimes she is crabby and wants foods when she first wakes up, but once she is fed, smile just keep coming from her!  Smile  She loves watching out mouths and loves when we make “oh” and “ah” sounds.  She gets really excited by this and you can see in her eyes she is going to smile before she actually does.  It is the most adorable thing!

Her eyes are still blue and I am anxious to see if they’ll stay blue or turn brown.  I have dark brown eyes and when I was born my eyes were brown already.  Keith has beautiful blue eyes so it will be fun to see what color they end up!

She is continuing to be super fussy at nights.  This now starts around 6:30pm and takes hours to calm her down.  I just cuddle with her and walk around bouncing her telling her “shhhhhh,” which she oddly loves hearing.  This usually lasts on and off until about 10pm and then she falls asleep.  Perhaps she has just a bit of colic?  We go to the doctor tomorrow so I’m going to ask what the doctor thinks.

Cameryn has been sleeping for five hour stretches at night!  Well, okay just once, but it’s a start to something good I think!  Or she is just so exhausted from her four hour hissy fits!  Either way, Keith and I both enjoy those long stretches of sleep.

She has been getting up every hour after she wakes up for the first time at night.  This is annoying, but I think it is just a phase that wont last too much longer.  Since she is getting up every hour, she now doesn’t wake up until around 10-10:30am.  This allows us to get our days organized and me to train my clients two days a week!

She still loves car rides as they put her to sleep and she is still doing great as my little companion while out running errands!  I click her car seat into her stroller and away we go shopping!  Most of the time she just sleeps…

She still weighs under ten pounds, I think the last time we weighed her a couple days ago she was 9lbs 5ounces.  I’m excited for her to get her weight and height taken tomorrow and she how she compares to other babies her age.

Cameryn continues to love eating and makes so much noise while she is doing so.  Any other Moms have babies who are super loud eaters?  I swear she grunts, groans and snorts!  It is rather adorable during the day, but our nightly feedings have been waking up Daddy every night.

I think that is it for this past week, as always, here are some cutie pie pictures from the week!

IMG_6436IMG_6464IMG_6468IMG_6502IMG_6503IMG_6509IMG_6512IMG_6516

IMG_6519

14 Responses to “Cameryn 9 Weeks”

1. sweetlyvegan March 21, 2012 at 7:17 pm #

she sure is getting cuter and cuter! Her little arms are getting so thick and chubby 🙂 adorable!
    I kinda think Cam’s eyes will stay blue. Chase has dark brown eyes, mine are blue, so just like you we have a toss up! But I have a feeling blue is going to win. Reading Cam’s updates makes me soooo excited for our baby!!

More baby pics!!! 🙂 xoxox

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 23, 2012 at 5:06 pm #

I love her chubby little arms! There is something so cute about little baby fat rolls! 🙂 I think her eyes will stay blue too, even though brown is dominate.

2. Yajaira March 22, 2012 at 2:40 am #

I love Cameryn’s headbands, where are they from?
    My husband and I are thinking about another baby. He knows I follow your blog and says I am armed with all the tips I need to stay healthy this pregnancy. (I gained WAY too much last time around…did not exercise at all.)

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 23, 2012 at 5:03 pm #

They are from Girls Crochet Headbands. Here is the link: http://www.girlscrochetheadbands.com/ They are really reasonably priced and mine were delivered in about two days, super fast!

Having a healthy pregnancy is key! It isn’t always fun eating healthy or working out, but it is better for both the mom and the baby. I would tell myself during pregnancy that not having a ton of weight to lose after the baby was born was worth all the effort I put in trying to be healthy!

3. rissarose80 March 22, 2012 at 5:55 am #

growing so fast! and precious as ever…

love those bows too!

4. Julie March 22, 2012 at 7:37 am #

My little dude also grunts and groans during feedings. It’s just precious to hear. But my husband too wakes up at night b/c at times it’s so loud!

As for the evening hours, someone told me that their little brains are ‘overworked’ by the end of the day and that leads them to be fussy. They’re just not use to all the noises, lights, etc they experience during the day and by evening hours they are just exhausted mentally. I don’t know if that’s scientific but it makes sense. I’ve noticed if I take my baby to a quiet area he will usually calm down faster.

Cameryn is beautiful and growing so fast! Love the headbands!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 23, 2012 at 4:59 pm #

Haha, the noises are so cute I just laugh, especially when she really gets into her feeding and the noise are super loud!

I heard that about babies at night too, that they are over stimulated and don’t know how to unwind. I try and bring her in her nursery and keep the lights super dim and just rock her in my arms, sometimes it helps and other times it doesn’t. The doctor told me to give her juice, but I don’t know how I feel about that…I think there might be other ways to calm her. I have noticed if I give her a bath when she becomes fussy that will calm her down too and since baths make her tired she will usually just fall asleep afterwards for a bit.

5. foodwinemine March 22, 2012 at 9:24 am #

Cameryn is ADORABLE! So cute–I hope one day mine is as cute 🙂

Come check out my new blog please!

xoxo

Meg

6. morriskr March 22, 2012 at 11:10 am #

She is so petite! But she was early so that makes sense. My little guy is 8 weeks today and at his appt this morning he was 13lbs! Crazy to me.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 23, 2012 at 4:55 pm #

At her 2 month appointment yesterday she was 9lbs 13oz. She gained over 2 1/2 pounds in a month and that makes me a happy mom! 🙂 She is pretty low in percentages for both height and weight but like you said I think it is from her coming early!

7. Running Girl March 22, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

She is adorable! Glad she is giving you a few opportunities to rest! And, I vividly remember those “witching hours”, where the fussiness lasted FOREVER. It’s just a phase, & it gets better soon!