I love chickpeas and wanted to find some new ways to include them into my diet. I found a recipe for baked chickpeas that intrigued me and decided to give it a try. I tweaked the recipe a bit and the end result was delicious! These will make a great snack for the week and a healthy one too!
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried <—this is an important step
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. cumin
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- cayenne pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Mix all ingredients into a bowl until the chickpeas are evenly coated.
Line a baking sheet with foil and spread the chickpea mixture evenly onto the pan.
Bake 30 minutes until the chickpeas start getting brown/black spots, turning once half way through. *You might need to bake them longer depending on your oven, you want the beans to be crunchy to touch
Once cooled, store them in an airtight container in your fridge for up to a week!
*You can also just bake them with olive oil on them and season them with your favorite spices right when they come hot out of the oven.* Delish!
*If they come out soft, you can try baking them without the lemon juice and olive oil and season them when they come out of the oven!*
My eats from Tuesday:
- Breakfast- Coffee, bagel thin with egg, spinach, cheese and pico with a glass of homemade orange grapefruit juice
- AM Snack- Clif Mojo bar
- Lunch- Ezekiel wrap with turkey, spinach, mustard, Neufchâtel cheese and pico
- PM Snack- Sun chips <—not the best choice but I was starving and they were quick to grab. Now I’ll have chickpeas to grab!
- Dinner- Salad (spring mix, cherry tomatoes, avocado, walnuts, red onion, cheddar cheese and chicken breast) with homemade dressing
My eats from Wednesday:
- Breakfast- Hot lemon water, coffee, Ezekiel English Muffin with egg, cheese and tomato, orange juice (homemade)
- AM Snack- Clif Monster bar
- Lunch- Ezekiel bread with turkey, spinach, mustard, Cabot reduce fat cheddar cheese, and tomato and roasted chickpeas (they are addicting!)
- PM Snack- Amy’s pits chips with cilantro jalapeno hummus and eggplant hummus <—new Trader Joe’s finds
- Dinner- Turkey meatballs (homemade) and Tuscan kale salad
My workout form Tuesday was 45 minutes on the elliptical at home. The workout was a struggle to get in, but I did it. I started at noon and I finished at 5pm. The baby usually takes a nap in the afternoon and I’m able to get in a workout, but yesterday she just didn’t want to nap. So my workout was broken up into 17 minutes, 10 minutes and 18 minutes to total 45 minutes! Hey, you do what you need to do to get things done!
My workout from yesterday was another 45 minutes on the elliptical. It was nice because Keith was home so I was able to go for 45 minutes straight. We rearranged where the elliptical is and now it is right up against a window and I sweated my butt off as the sun was pouring into the room. It felt good. I’m one of those weird girls who actually enjoys sweating while working out!
That’s it for me today! I’ll see you guys back here tomorrow with my Trader Joe’s finds and the workout of the week! That’s right, it is finally returning!
- Are you a fan of chickpeas?
- Have you ever baked chickpeas? If so please share you recipes!
- How often do you change up your workouts?