Tips from Jackie Warner

27 Mar

Last week I had the opportunity to interview author and celebrity personal trainer Jackie Warner.  She was very personable and extremely knowledgeable about health and fitness.  I have been a long time fan of hers, starting back when her show Workout, first started airing on Bravo.  Since then I’ve followed her career as she has had more shows including Thintervention and has had multiple books and workout DVDs released.  I’d say she is one of the busiest personal trainers around.

So, when I was asked if I wanted to interview Jackie, I jumped at the chance.  I was really excited to ask her some questions and pick her brain a bit!  Not only did she have a book come out last week, 10 Pounds in 10 Days, but she has a new OpenSky store with all her favorite must have items.  You can get signed copies of her new book on OpenSky as well.

Not familiar with OpenSky?  OpenSky is a network for shopping where experts in health, food, style and design recommend their favorite products, tips and advice to their followers.

___________________________________________________________

I talked with Jackie on Wednesday morning while her dogs barked in the background and she apologized (thankfully it wasn’t Quincy doing the barking).  She was super laid back and chill and I think you guys will enjoy what she had to say.

*Note- I wasn’t able to write down exactly word for word what Jackie said so I’m going to paraphrase her answers below.

What can a reader expect to read in your new book 10 Pounds in 10 Days?  Jackie said her new book is a 30 day program broken into three 10 day phases.  It is a fast way to lose weight, but it is also safe and effective.  The book is for those who want to live a healthy lifestyle.  It shows you "superstar foods” such as grapefruit and how to “combine them to get the most bang for your buck.”

What is the number one things new moms, like myself, can do to get back into shape after having a baby?  Jackie said “start moving your body 10 minutes a day,” or start out “listening to music and running around your block 10 times.”  She talked about the importance of moving to “start getting the muscles firing.”  The more you move and use your muscles the sooner you will see results.  She really stressed the importance of moving and using your muscles.

What is something about yourself that people would be surprised to learn?  “That I allow myself to have foods any time I want them.”  She also said “I don’t say no to myself.”  She talked about if she wants to have something she does and she doesn’t deprive herself of it.  She also eats very healthy so allowing herself to have what she wants is all balances out.

What are your favorite motivational quotes or mantras you like to use in your everyday life?  She said “Eat like you life depends on it…because it does.”  So true.

What are your go-to snacks you always have on hand?  Jackie said her number one go-to snack is a “shake, 100%,” which she was making at the very moment I asked this question.  So what’s in the shake you want to know?  “1/2 cups mixed berries, 1/2 cup fresh spinach, 1 tablespoon peanut butter and whey protein.”

What kind of whey protein do you use?  Jackie uses whey isolate protein powder which you can buy from her website here.

If you took one supplement, what would it be?  Keeping the theme of the whey protein powder talk, she said “whey isolate protein powder.”  She then talked about how great whey protein was for numerous reasons such as balancing hormones.

If someone couldn’t take whey protein powder, what is the second supplement you’d recommend?  Two tablespoons of flaxseed oil.  Jackie then continued to talk about the benefits of flaxseed oil.

If someone came to you tomorrow and wanted to change their life and start their healthy journey, what piece of advice would you give them?  She said, “you deserve to be lean, strong, happy and confident in the way you look, the way you feel and the way you live.”

Questions:

• Are you a fan of Jackie Warner?
  • What do you think of her number 1 and 2 supplements to take?  Do you take whey protein or flaxseed oil?
  • Have you been on OpenSky before?  What stores are your favorite on there to follow?

11 Responses to “Tips from Jackie Warner”

1. Jess Sutera March 27, 2012 at 8:53 am #

Ohh this is great! I love her approach to healthy eating – balance is SO important (not deprivation!).

2. sweetlyvegan March 27, 2012 at 9:51 am #

Loved this! I don’t know why when you were talking about Jackie Warner before it didn’t register with me who she was…… but wow!!! What an amazing opportunity to interview that chick! Good for you!
    I have always preferred to take Vega protein or Brown Rice Protein over whey but I am not sure that I have ever tried whey. I am curious to learn why she thinks whey is the best.
    I used to put flax & chia seeds in with my smoothies, but lately have just cut down to chia. I should start incorporating flax back into my diet and I probably will after reading this 🙂

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 29, 2012 at 6:34 am #

She is super cool! I’ve been a whey protein girl, but it doesn’t sit well with Cameryn’s stomach, it gives her painful gas :(, so I’ve switched to Sunwarrior (rice) and she is now feeling much better. I think any protein is going to be good for the body as it promotes lean muscle mass. I think maybe whey has been studied in comparision to the other’s and people see more results with it. But that is just a guess.

I love mixing chia seeds and ground flax in a cup of water and drinking it as a snack. It is kind of gross but only takes 10 seconds to drink and I like knowing I got both chia and flax in for the day!

3. Get Healthy with Heather March 27, 2012 at 11:12 am #

I read one of Jackie’s book and definitely loved all of it. What a fun opportunity you had! Thanks for sharing girl 🙂

4. HollieisFueledByLOLZ March 27, 2012 at 11:15 am #

Interesting! I’m super jealous. I love her approach to fitness and overall health and such. I do a few of her DVDs and I can always feel the burn lol!

5. Running Girl March 28, 2012 at 10:55 am #

I wasn’t very familiar with Jackie before the post, but I love that she eats what she wants – it’s obvious she’s eating well & treating her body well, so it’s nice to see that she balances that out by treating herself.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 29, 2012 at 6:30 am #

Jackie is an amazing personal trainer who demands results from her clients. She really knows what she’s talking about, I’m excited to read her book to see if I can pick up some tips!

6. Eloisa Locante November 25, 2012 at 11:39 pm #

I like to take whey protein because it is easily absorbed by the body unlike Casein. *

<a href="Remember to look out for this useful blog