Cameryn: 10 Weeks

28 Mar

I can’t believe Cameryn is now in the double digits!  Like I say each and every week, where is time going?

This weeks new developments have been lots more smiles.  The quickest way to get her to smile?  Sing Hakuna Matata or Lalalalala in a low voice!  Works like a charm every time!  Smile

Cameryn had her two month doctor’s appointment and she checked out healthy!  She was 21 inches long which puts her in the 10th percentile for height and was 9lbs 13oz which puts her in the 25th percentile for weight.  Our little girls loves to eat!    The nurse said not to worry about her low percentages since was was born early, she has some catching up to do!  Smile

Cameryn also started her vaccination with the doctor.  Since I’m a little bit wary of the current recommended vaccination schedule, I did a lot of research and we are getting all the shots recommended, but on a different schedule.  This way her little body wont have to deal with 8 vaccines at once and high levels of aluminum, not to mention other foreign substances being injected into her.  We’re following Dr. Sear’s alternate vaccination schedule from his very informative book The Vaccine Book.  I highly recommend it to all new moms, even those who are fine with the vaccine schedule their doctor’s do routinely.  It is always nice to know what exactly is going into your children!

This week, Cameryn drank another ounce from a bottle!  Yay!  She isn’t liking the Born Free bottles we have since the milk comes out quicker than she is accustomed too.  She does however like the Tommee Tippee bottles.  We have about six of them and we decided to try out the 5 ounce bottles and she actually took to it better than she was to the Born Free ones.  I’m going to run out to Target and get a few more of these as we are really trying hard to get her to like drinking milk from a bottle.  Sometimes, she’ll drink 1/2 ounce and then start crying for the real thing, but if she is still drinking just a bit, both Keith and I are happy for her progress!

We are also trying to get her to sleep in her crib next to our bed and not in our bed next to me anymore.  We aren’t doing great with this so far.  During the night she likes to inchworm right up next to me and nuzzle in.  This doesn’t bother me, in fact I love sleeping and being able to cuddle her all night.  But, at around 4-5 months we want to get her into her big crib in her own room and I think having her sleep in her crib next to our bed is a good middle step to take beforehand.  I will hold her until she has been sleeping soundly for 10-20 minutes and try and put her in her crib in our room and within a minute or two every time she wakes up and wants back in our bed.  This goes on for hours until I can no longer stay awake so I just put her next to me and we both fall asleep peacefully.  I’m not a mom who can let my two month old baby cry it out so I’m going to have to do some research on the best methods to get a baby to sleep in their crib.  During the day she sleeps in her swing a lot just fine so I’m not sure why she doesn’t like to sleep in her crib.

I think those are all the new things that happened in week 10!

Week 10 Pictures!  I swear her eyes keep getting bigger each week!

IMG_6633IMG_6644

IMG_6655IMG_6661IMG_6675IMG_6686IMG_6722IMG_6746IMG_6749

18 Responses to “Cameryn: 10 Weeks”

1. Jamie @ Food in Real Life March 28, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

What an eventful week! Olivia has been taking the bottle too, Joe gives it to her most nights before bed and I leave to go downstairs and pump b/c I heard babies refuse it if they can smell their mom. She definitely fusses a bit sometimes but usually takes it. Joe has the patience to keep trying. Cameryn is getting so big! I love her striped onesie, where is it from?

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 28, 2012 at 5:08 pm #

Good to know about babies not wanting to take a bottle from their mom. I have been trying to bottle feed her myself or have been next to Keith while he tries feeding her. Her onesie is Ralph Lauren and we either bought it at Bloomingdales or Macy’s back in September.

2. Jen@FoodFamilyFitness March 28, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

So sweet, I love her smile!!! As a nurse put it “babies love being close to the warm milk supply!” And at night, they crave that closeness. My first two weren’t breast fed and they were in their cribs from the start, but my youngest was a different story. If he could smell me and the milk, he wanted it. He would nap in his crib or swing without an issue, but at night, he would fall asleep in bed snuggled up next to me and then Spencer would put him in his crib when he went to bed. If Aiden woke up for a feeding after that, he would eat and go right back to his crib without an issue, but for some reason, that initial bed time had to be in bed with me. He would sleep for 5 or 6 hours, so it was worth it 🙂

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 28, 2012 at 5:13 pm #

Wow, it is amazing how all babies are so different. I think we’ll try having Keith put her in her crib once she has fallen asleep next to me. Her crib is up against our bed on my side so it’s not like she is far away, but for Cam she just likes our bed better!

• Jen@FoodFamilyFitness March 29, 2012 at 7:03 am #

It might work! Every baby is different, it’s a good thing they are so cute, because it can be so tough trying to figure them out!

3. rissarose80 March 29, 2012 at 5:07 am #

love her sweet smile…she’s already getting so big! enjoy EVERY moment!

4. Kris March 29, 2012 at 8:49 am #

Awwwww, how CUTE is she??? I love the flower 😉 So glad to hear she is healthy and happy!!

Babies always make me smile 🙂

xxoo

5. allieksmith March 29, 2012 at 12:47 pm #

Cameryn keeps getting cuter and cuter 🙂

6. sweetlyvegan March 29, 2012 at 4:50 pm #

Good to know you found a solution to the vaccine dilemma.They really do need all of them? Crazy. I’m going to look into that Dr. Sears idea too 🙂
    Love all the pics of Cameryn!! The second to the bottom is my favorite. You should do a little video clip!!! I also need to figure out how to post a video cuz I wanna do it with Hayden!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 30, 2012 at 8:09 am #

Definitely check out The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears. It is so helpful and informative. We elected to give Cameryn all the vaccines, but just on our own schedule. The doctor’s office isn’t the happiest about it, but since Cameryn is our baby they are willing to work with us to get her vaccinated. I just feel like the two month shots are a little bit extreme. In my perfect world I wouldn’t get her vaccinated at all. The book is helpful because it tells you which vaccines contain what ingredients. I loved this because the shot they wanted to give her contained monkey cells and antifreeze to name a few things, not to mention the highest levels of aluminum that a shot can contain (the FDA based this limit off the shot and then had 850 micrograms be the max a vaccine can have). I had to really stand my ground on not letting Cameryn have the pediarix shot, but in the end, the nurse admitted she didn’t even know what was all in the shot. We have to go in monthly, but that doesn’t bother me. Our next visit will be a quick “shots only” visit and our insurance covers all vaccines so it is still the same price no matter what route we take.

I have taken so many videos, but just haven’t posted one! I’ll post one on her next weekly update! The easiest way to post them I’ve found has been to upload them to YouTube and then you can put the link in a post (which will show as the video itself once posted). It is pretty easy!

• sweetlyvegan March 30, 2012 at 9:30 am #

monkey cells and antifreeze!?! Interesting… and gross! what in the world would be the reason behind putting those ingredients in a shot for a two month old, or anyone for that matter!? Does the book explain why each shot is given and why the ingredients are what they are? I am astonished, but at the same time hardly surprised. I don’t trust the FDA one bit. Our generation REALLY needs to continue with this health revolution in banning GMOs, additives, chemicals, hormones, etc.; I need to be more proactive here also.
        Do you know what the Pediarix shot is for, or are you wondering the same thing? Is that the one with monkey cells? I have to go get that book today! 🙂 So glad you brought this stuff to my attention.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 30, 2012 at 12:58 pm #

The shot is for dtap, which is three vaccines in one, plus hep b and polio. So it is like a five in one shot. They also want babies to get the PC, rotovirus and HIB vaccines all at the two month old appointment as well. Its a lot for such a little person! The book has a chapter on all the shots, the different brands and what each contains & why they are given. A lot of vaccines contain human or animal cells, which I find disturbing. When C just got a shot we went with the dtap without human and animal tissue and with medium levels of aluminum. They just released an updated version this past fall, so try to get that one. I just downloaded it to my ipad since I couldn’t find the book around where I live.

7. Running Girl March 30, 2012 at 9:10 am #

Beautiful baby! Love the headbands. 🙂

You’re smart to work on the bottle feedings. The day will come when you want/need to leave her for a chunk of time & you’ll be so much more relaxed knowing that she won’t be sitting at home hungry & crying for you.

8. Alicia April 5, 2012 at 7:58 am #

She is BEAUTIFUL, just like her mama! 😀 I love love love the pics! 🙂
    Aiden LOVES his swing too and loves to take naps in there. We haven’t tried the crib at all either but hope to transition him later on. We let our little Mr. snuggle in bed with us sometimes too when he’s fussy at night and he reallly loves it as well; its so sweet to see him relax and fall asleep next to us, it’s like he’s says “ahhh, that’s better!” 🙂 I try not to do it all the time just occasionally, though I must admit, I love the snuggling myself too! 😉 So glad to hear your sweet baby is doing well, I’m so not looking forward to our little one getting his 2 month shots, I’m already dreading it! 😦