Workout of the Week- Lean Leg Circuit

10 Apr

Happy Tuesday!

How’s your day going?  Mine has been busy but good.  I trained two clients this morning then came home to relieve Keith of babysitting duties so he could get to work.  Cameryn and I played for a bit before venturing out to run a couple quick errands.  While at the grocery store, I got sucked into buying her a large pink stuffed bunny since he was half off.  It’s funny because somewhere over the past three months her room has filled with pink bunnies, so now its almost like her room’s theme.  For one of her Easter presents from us, I ordered her this Pottery Barn Kids chair. It was half off for only one day, and I got sucked in yet again.  It is on backorder until mid May and I can’t wait to get it in her room!  She has some of the matching PBK pink stuffed animal bunnies so I think it is going to look great!

New bunny, it’s huge, like 3 feet tall!

IMG_7265

Not that she needed anything else after getting spoiled by family, friends and the Easter bunny…

IMG_7126

Can you imagine what Christmas is going to look like?  I must state, I come from a family who are big fans of gift giving!  It is fun to get gifts, but I think I love giving gifts even more!  I love making someone happy or making someone’s day just a bit more special!  Nothing better then brightening someone’s day, especially when they aren’t expecting it!

After the grocery store, we headed across the parking lot to Robek’s where I had a two ounce shot of wheatgrass.  I used to get one every single day, but got out of the habit right before getting pregnant.  I’ve been thinking for months now I need to start taking them again, so I started today.  I wont be going everyday, but if I can get them in a couple times a week, I’ll be happy.

The rest of the day will be spent chilling with the babes.  We are watching The Lion King right now since she just got it in her Easter basket from us.  I thought it was fitting since her favorite song is still Hakuna Matata!  Smile

_____________________________________________________________

Workout

I’m not sure if today will be another rest day like yesterday since I slept for maybe two hours tops last night.  When I don’t get enough sleep, I tend to get mild headaches from being overly tired and I’ve got one going on right now.  I would love to get in a little snuggle nap time with the baby and then get in a cardio workout later tonight when Keith gets home.  If I don’t get one in, it means the next five days will all be workout days as I will still need to get in my five workouts.

____________________________________________________________

Eats

Here are yesterday’s eats:

• Breakfast-  Citrus smoothie
  • Lunch-  PB2 smoothie bowl
  • Snack- Amy’s pita chips and spicy hummus form TJ’s
  • Dinner-  Buffalo chicken sandwich  <—I’ll post the recipe soon!

IMG_7246

IMG_7255

I found this new to me Justin’s Maple Almond butter at the grocery store and it is so good!  I might just eat the whole packet and call it lunch!  I’m going to have to buy the big container next time I see it!  If you haven’t tired it, I highly recommend it!

I had to sample it immediately once I got home!

IMG_7267

____________________________________________________________

Workout of the Week- Lean Legs

If you want toned legs, do this circuit twice a week on nonconsecutive days.  Remember to check with you doctor before starting a new exercise routine.

Lean Legs Circuit

• Warm Up- 10 minutes of intervals (1 minute hard followed by 1 minute for recovery)
  • 50 Plié Squats (with light weight)
  • 15 Alternating Lunges per leg (with medium heavy weights)
  • 8 Sumo Squats (with heavy weight)
  • 25 Deadlifts (with medium heavy weight)
  • 20-30 Squat Jumps (no weight)
  • 25 Side Lunges (with medium heavy weight)
  • 25 Hip Circles (in each direction, on each leg)
  • 10 Minutes Intervals (same as the warm up)

Repeat twice!

When this workout is all said and done it should take you about 50-60 minutes.  You’ll also have completed 30 minutes on intervals, not too shabby!  Plus, since you are you are working large muscles, you’ll be torching calories and raising your metabolism for up to 48 hours!

If you aren’t feeling your legs working/burning, you’ll want to increase the weights.

_______________________________________________________

That’s it for me today, I’m off to rest and finishing watching The Lion King while snuggling in with the baby.  We both need to catch up on sleep!

IMG_7264

Random Fact:  Keith and I got engaged three years ago today!  I can’t believe it is our three year engagement anniversary!  Sometimes it’s scary how fast time goes!

Questions:

• What do you like better?  Getting gifts or giving gifts?
  • Do you get sucked into buying things when they are on sale?
  • What is your go to leg exercise to tone your legs?

14 Responses to “Workout of the Week- Lean Leg Circuit”

1. Corrie Anne April 10, 2012 at 2:53 pm #

Whoaa!! Check out that Easter haul!! I totally love to dote on the kids on my family too!! Fun!

2. sweetlyvegan April 10, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

She sure was one spoiled baby for Easter! I saw some super cute Easter Baskets on PBK online too! They have the cutest stuff!!
    Thats funny you just got those Justin’s Maple Almond Butter packets… I just saw those yesterday and bought two of them too!! lol funny.. haven’t tried them yet but I have had the Justin’s brand before and he has some really yummy nut butters!
    I always get sucked in to buying things when they are on sale cuz I feel like if I don’t buy right when I see it at the lower price, I will be left wanting it and it will be sold out!
    So glad you just did this post cuz I was totally lacking motivation to go down to the gym cuz my bod hurts and I am so tired but now I’m going to get ready to go! I know I always feel SO much better afterwards 🙂 thx!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 11, 2012 at 7:15 pm #

I can’t say no to her, or stop buying her cute little things! 🙂 I saw those Easter baskets on PBK too and want to order on for her. I didn’t have time to order one and get her name on it in time for Easter this year, but nexy year it will be a must!

Did you try the maple almond butter yet? OMG, so good!

I’m glad I could motivate you to workout! You’ll be taking a bit of break once you have Baby Hayden so use that as motivation to get your worktouts on! That’s what I always told myself (before I got put on bedrest) to keep motivated to workout. I think after I had Cam, I took about 6 weeks off. Luckily the time flew by and I didn’t really think about working out much!

3. Jen@FoodFamilyFitness April 10, 2012 at 5:17 pm #

Dang, somebunny (haha, I couldn’t resist) hit the motherload on Easter gifts! I went a bit overboard for easter baskets for my kids this year, but I love handing out gifts 🙂 Hopefully you get some sleep tonight!

4. Rachel Starr April 10, 2012 at 8:42 pm #

thanks for the leg work out! i needed something new to help get my legs in shape 🙂

5. andeelayne April 11, 2012 at 12:03 pm #

yum! these look delish! are you breast feeding?! Im afraid to eat certain things that will upset her stomach. Wondered if you had the same issue?! xo

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 11, 2012 at 7:10 pm #

I am breastfeeding. The only thing I’ve found to upset her (give her bad gas) is whey protein. I’ve switched to a rice protein though while nursing and her gas went away. I also ate pineapple one morning and thought I saw hive like bumps on her stomach. I haven’t had it since so I’m not sure if the pineapple was the cause or not.

6. Jamie @ Food in Real Life April 12, 2012 at 8:05 am #

I have that bunny chair, it’s adorable! 🙂

7. La. April 13, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

How do you get enough calories to breast feed eating only that????? The sandwich looks delish though! Isn’t fitting a kid into your life, especially the sleeping part, crazy!? I find it SO HARD to workout on “bad” nights.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 14, 2012 at 3:49 pm #

I am getting in lots of calories, especially since I am having nut butters which are high in calories! Fitting a baby into my life has been a change, but for the better! I am definitely a lot more patient then I used to be. I will be excited once she is out of our bed, I think we’ll all sleep better!