Wow, where has this week gone? It has been flying by! I can’t believe tomorrow is Friday and I can’t believe it is about 8pm! This is the first time I’ve had the opportunity to blog all day!
Today was filled with training a few clients this morning, coming home and playing with the baby and getting her ready for the day, running errands (organic grocery store, pit stop to grab wine for the weekend and company coming over tomorrow and then Trader Joe’s for a few items for the weekend as well), working out, doing laundry, bath time for the babes and preparing dinner. It doesn’t seem like that much, but time just has been escaping me.
Before I get onto the buffalo chicken sandwich recipe, here are my eats from yesterday (If I can remember correctly):
- Breakfast- Egg sandwich on an Ezekiel English muffin with salsa, cheese and spinach
- Lunch- a huge Citrus smoothie
- PM Snack- Humus with pita chips
- Dinner- Gnocchi with chicken and spinach and salad
*Note, I also snacked on Trader Joe’s Raw Crunchy Almond Butter. It is so addicting and good, I highly suggest buying some! And I also had a few dark chocolate covered almonds from TJ’s as well. <—I wont be buying these anymore as they are so addicting and I find my self snacking on them even when I’m not hungry!
My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical plus I did core work for 15 minutes. I made myself pretty sore, and I love it! Nothing better than sore abs after having a baby! It makes me feel like things are going back to how they use to look!
Healthier Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
Adapted from Men’s Health June 2011
Keith found this recipe in one of his Men’s Health magazines and wanted to try it out. It is a healthier version of a buffalo chicken sandwich you might get at a restaurant without taking away any of the flavor.
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (we used fat free)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted in the microwave for 20 seconds
- 1/4 cup Franks Buffalo sauce or your favorite brand
- Lettuce- spring mix or romaine will work
- 4 whole wheat buns
1. Preheat a nonstick grill or grill pan. As it’s heating, combine the blue cheese, yogurt and lemon juice, plus a pinch or salt and pepper. Stir and set aside.
2. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and chili powder. Ass the breasts to the hot grill and grill until they are done.
3. Add the onion to the grill and cook until slightly soft.
4. Combine the butter and hot sauce and brush the mixture all over the cooked chicken breasts. Place lettuce on the base of each bun. Top with a chicken breast and spoon on some blue-cheese sauce. Add grilled onions and top half of the bun.
*I love buffalo sauce so I used a lot of the Frank’s Buffalo sauce on mine. I would spread some on the top of the bun as well to really get the buffalo sauce flavor.
- What is your favorite sandwich?
- Do you like the taste of buffalo sauce?