Happy Friday the 13th!

13 Apr

Are you superstitious on this day?  I used to be, but not anymore!  I swear weird things used to happen on this day when I was a kid and I wasn’t a fan.  But over the years, I’ve actually grown to kind of enjoy this day!

Today is a busy day in the Conrad house.  I got up first thing and crushed out a workout.  We’re having friends over for dinner tonight, so today will be filled with house cleaning, laundry, chores, dropping my car off at the dealership for an oil change and maintenance (it is shaking badly when I break, weird?) and then getting everything ready for dinner.  I think I’m going to make a few appetizers and a kale salad and then we’ll just pick up food for the main dish from one of our favorite restaurants.  That’s how we roll in this house after having a baby!  Keeping it simple when we can, although I love cooking for guests, this will just be easier today. Smile

_____________________________________________________________

EATS

Here are my eats from yesterday:

• Breakfast-  Ezekiel English muffin with egg, spinach, salsa and cheese
  • AM Snack-  Clif Monster bar
  • Lunch-  Dried mango slices (I munched on these while running errands)
  • Dinner-  Chicken breast on salad

*I also snacked on some raw almond butter and dark chocolate almonds during the day as well.  Yesterday was super busy so I didn’t get a lot of chances to eat so I just grabbed what I could until dinner.

IMG_7374IMG_7378IMG_7380

I’m hoping to cook these babies up this weekend and make a delish dish I saw on Sweetly Vegan.

IMG_7371

_____________________________________________________________

WORKOUT

Yesterday I did a plyometric workout with 10 minute bouts of cardio in between them.  Here is what my workout looked like.  It took me about 60 minutes to complete.

• 10 minutes on the elliptical
  • 25 Squat Jumps
  • 30 Mountain Climbers
  • 15 (each leg) Jumping Lunges
  • 30 High Knee Raises
  • 30 Push Ups
  • 30 Butt Kicks

I repeated this three times and then finished up with  5 more minutes on the elliptical.  My heart rate was sky high the entire time and I burned a lot of calories according to my heart rate monitor.  I woke up with a sore booty this morning!  Loves it!  Smile

______________________________________________________________

Well, I’m going to keep this post short and sweet. I just heard the baby’s laundry in the dryer stop so I’m off to put that away before starting my big house clean!  Wish me luck!

Questions:

• Do you clean a little bit more/better when you are having guests over?
  • Do you like doing laundry?  I don’t mind put it in the machines, but I’m not a fan of putting it away!
  • Are you superstitious on Friday the 13th?

12 Responses to “Happy Friday the 13th!”

1. Jen@FoodFamilyFitness April 13, 2012 at 10:04 am #

Friday the 13th in general doesn’t phase me at all, but this particular one is not a good day for my family.
    I always do a deep clean when company is coming over, I love a fresh smelling, clean house!

2. sweetlyvegan April 13, 2012 at 6:01 pm #

I always like to clean and tidy up if we are having guests over! And I hate doing laundry!!!!!! Just like u I don’t mind putting it into the machine.. but folding, hanging, and putting away is the worst! I’m sure its a lot more work with baby clothes too… I wish someone would invent a automatic laundry put- away-er. LOL.
    Have fun tonight!!! 🙂

3. Dannika April 14, 2012 at 5:22 pm #

wow, dried mango slices and a few dark chocolate almonds for lunch?? While you’re breastfeeding AND doing 60 minute, intense workouts? I remember you said before that you eat 2K – 2,500 cals a day….there is absolutely no way that you do, based on the meals that you post daily.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 15, 2012 at 7:52 am #

Are you a mom, if so you can probably relate? Somedays, especially with an infant, are harder to get time to eat such as the day I didn’t have time for lunch and ate dried mango slices in the car while out and about. I would still estimate I got in at least 2000 calories that day though, especially with all the walnuts, cheese and olive oil in my dinner salad and all the spoonfuls of almond butter I ate. I would have definitely loved to have a sandwich, Greek yogurt or something other than dried mango for lunch, but such is life.

• Dannika April 15, 2012 at 7:55 am #

which is actually why I’m going to stop reading this blog – you eat the same thing almost every day and it gets quite repetitive. As a fellow new, breastfeeding mom myself – I could never see restricting my diet the way you do. You are supposed to eat MORE when you are breastfeeding than when you are even pregnant! Add in strenuous workouts on top of that and you need lots and lots of fuel. I feel like I (and most women) can’t relate to your post-baby workout and eating regimens.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 15, 2012 at 8:10 am #

That is your own personal choice and I respect that. I have no problem with my milk supply and know I’m getting in plenty of caloires for both myself and my baby’s needs. If I wasn’t producing milk, my baby wasn’t gaining weight and I was dropping weight super fast, then I’d be concerned…

As far as food goes, I like what I like and eat what I like. I don’t restrict my diet. My husband and I like eating egg sandwiches for breakfast because they are filling and delicious. I do my blog for fun and I’m not going to try and eat different foods just to please readers so they see a huge varitey in my meals. That’s not my real life.

4. Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart April 15, 2012 at 5:38 am #

I always clean more when guests come over! I am starting my first load of baby clothes as I type! By the way..that salas looks so good!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 15, 2012 at 7:53 am #

I swear with a baby, the washer and dryer are constantly going. I probably average almost a load a day! Luckily I don’t mind putting the baby clothes away for some reason! I think since it is som small and cute!

5. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries April 15, 2012 at 10:15 am #

I usually give my house a good clean every Saturday morning and then we have a maid come once a month to get a deep clean. I never wanted to spend money on a maid, but I couldn’t keep up with all the cleaning and it truly helps me out a ton!

I hope you had a wonderful time with your friends over!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 16, 2012 at 8:56 am #

I’ve thought about hiring a maid once a month for a deep clean too, especially since having the baby but I know I would be watching her like a hawk to make sure her cleaning was up to par. I’d be so annoying that I figured I just need to do it myself so I know it gets as clean as I want it. Maybe I’ll learn to let go a bit and hire one! I think it would be good for my sanity!