Switching to Self Hosting

18 May

Hey friends!!!

Today I decided to switch to a self hosted website.  Scary!!!

I have no clue what I’m doing, but really wanted to change my website up and found that having it just through wordpress.com, I wasn’t able to do everything I wanted!  Having a website that you love to look at is key to a happy blogging experience!  I’m a creature of habit but love changing things like my blog up, so that’s what I’m setting out to try to do!

So with that being said, please bare with me as I try to pretend I know what I’m doing!  If you have any tips of hints, please share in the comments section, as I need all the help I can get!  Smile

With that being said!  HAPPY FRIDAY!!!  Wahoo, it’s the weekend!  Keith called me about an hour ago trying to motivate me to get my workout done so we can run errands and go out for lunch when he gets home.  So far I’m still in my pajamas trying to figure out this self hosting thing, oops! I better get my butt into workout clothes and bust out a plyometric workout soon!

_______________

EATS

Eats from yesterday were the following

• Breakfast- Egg and machaca breakfast burrito on 1/2 an Ezekiel tortilla, with a little bit of cheese and salsa
  • Lunch-  Berry banana smoothie!  <—so good!
  • PM Snack-  A handful of jalapeno potato chips
  • Dinner- Machaca, cheese and salsa burrito <—it was small so I also had a few crackers and a homemade grapefruit juice

_______________

WORKOUT

Yesterday was a rest day.  It felt good to take the day off since it took me a while to clean the house!

_______________

I’m off to try to figure out a bit more on self hosting then I’ll be doing lots of jumping squats and lunges very soon!

Have a great, happy and healthy Friday!  I’ll be working out all weekend to get in my five weekly workouts plus eating healthy as I indulged a little bit this week with my MIL in town!

P.S  If you didn’t check out my chicken piccata recipe, make sure you do!  It’s one tasty recipe!

Questions:

• What are you looking forward to doing this weekend?
  • Readers with blogs, do you self host?  Any tips?
  • What are you going to do to make this weekend a healthy one?

9 Responses to “Switching to Self Hosting”

1. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries May 18, 2012 at 3:10 pm #

The new layout looks great! So clean and fresh looking!

We’re getting a 3D ultrasound tomorrow that I’m super excited about! I cannot wait to see baby Roberto’s little face! 🙂

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life May 18, 2012 at 3:34 pm #

I am so excited for you! Cameryn looked just like she did in the 3d pictures! She still does! You are going to have so much fun! I can’t wait for little baby Roberto to be here!

2. Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily May 18, 2012 at 4:13 pm #

The new site looks great! I tried self-hosting about 6 months ago, but had NO idea what I was doing, so I got my money back.

3. Healthy Coconut May 20, 2012 at 11:11 am #

Good luck with the self hosting process. I think that would be the next step for me but I have a lot to learn before I transition.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life May 21, 2012 at 6:52 am #

I definitely still don’t know what I’m doing! It is so complicated for me since I have zero background with computer coding and really don’t know what I’m doing! I don’t want to pay anyone a ton of money so I’m determinded to figure it out for myself! So far, I haven’t done a good job!

4. Brooke Stately May 22, 2012 at 7:51 pm #

Kj, i do our gym’s website. It is not the best, but our host is a little dated. If you need any tips, shoot me an email!

5. T35 Hosting June 12, 2012 at 6:59 am #

Kudos to you for starting self hosting. I think if you have the right tools, you’ll be able to manage this well. Good luck! Cant wait to hear an update soon!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life June 14, 2012 at 8:20 am #

I tried it but couldn’t figure it out so I switched back. I was spending too much time on the computer trying to figure it out and I didn’t have time to keep doing it. I’ll probably try it out again when I can just pay someone to switch it over for me and to design my site!