Cameryn Olivia: 18 Weeks

23 May

Cameryn is getting to be so much fun!  She is thisclose to letting out a big belly laugh.  I haven’t heard one since I did a few weeks ago, but you can tell she is laughing without any sound!  So cute!

There really hasn’t been too many new developments this week:

• Everything and I mean everything is now going into her mouth.  She loves chewing on anything.  I’ve been freezing some teething rings and she just LOVES them!
  • She has started to wake up at 4:00am to nurse and then just stays up for the day.  She used to wake up and then fall back to sleep, but recently she is just up.  I’ve been a huge sleep zombie since I’m not sleeping much and feel kind of like I did back when she was only a few weeks old.
  • Cameryn is also staying up later and skipping her naps.  I actually read in a book all about baby sleep since C doesn’t seem to want much of it.  I’ve been trying to nap with her at 2pm everyday, which just happens to be the time General Hospital is on!  Smile  I’m trying to get her to nap three times a day now at 8am, 11am and 2pm.  Once she’s up from her 2pm nap she is up until bedtime.
  • She loves making BIG splashing now while in the tub, some of them are so big they soak the wall next to her!
  • She is able to sit up on her own for about a minute, although she doesn’t hold her body at a totally upright angle, we’re working on that!

So not too much this week but she just keeps growing and developing!  This stage is so much fun, I just love it!

Cameryn’s Weekly Pictures

Four month pics

IMG_8668 1IMG_8684IMG_8705IMG_8717 1IMG_8719IMG_8768IMG_8774IMG_8798

12 Responses to “Cameryn Olivia: 18 Weeks”

1. Ku May 24, 2012 at 12:29 am #

Wow, your baby is very cute and lovely

2. HeatherB May 24, 2012 at 8:39 am #

The towel pictures are my favorite! She is so darn cute!!

3. Stephanie Henry May 24, 2012 at 9:29 am #

There is a great book I used with my kids that is called, “Good Night, Sleep Tight.” IT WORKS!!!!I had it with my third and fourth and wish I had it with the second. The first kid was an angel and slept through the night at two weeks old. I will see if I can find my copy and bring it to Keith for you! I am still hoping to run in to you sometime. Maybe I can even train with you. I train with Lance and I love him, but it has its moments. 🙂

4. Lisa@Healthy Diaries May 24, 2012 at 11:06 am #

Aww love the pics as usual! I can totally see her personality coming alive now. This is such a great stage and it will continue to get better! My nephew is almost 8 months old and these last few months have been so fun with him because he’s so active and aware now!

5. Katie May 24, 2012 at 2:02 pm #

Kjirsten- I feel you on the 4/5am early feeds. My little boy is almost 4months old and he is almost sleeping through the night. 5am is hard because sometimes he won’t go back down but its so early to start the day!!! I am hoping he will extend to 7am in the next few months.

Naps are my big issue with him. I put him down after being up for about an hour and half to two hours but he will not sleep longer than 45 min. I am wondering when/if he will get to 2 naps a day that last longer????
    Anyone have any advice? I have tried settling him back to sleep but it rarely works.
    Maybe by the time he is 5/6 months he will drop the catnapping?

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life May 25, 2012 at 6:43 am #

Cameryn takes short naps too. I’m really trying to get her on a schedule so she’s napping three times since she doesn’t nap for too long. I’m trying to get her to nap at 8am, 11am and 2pm with bedtime at 7pm. Our mornings are so unpredictable since I never know if we’ll be up at 4, 5 or 6am.

I’ve heard babies sleep longer if they are fed, then they play and then they get put down for a nap. Maybe that will help if he isn’t already doing that.

6. HollieisFueledByLOLZ May 24, 2012 at 6:08 pm #

I love the new look of your blog.

That is so much sleep! I’m glad to hear about the sitting up! How exciting and splashing around in the tub just sounds adorable. You should make a vlog! 😉