On Saturday night, we had chicken breast we needed to use up so I decided to create a new salad recipe. Let me just tell you, this salad came out amazing and I can hardly wait to make it again!!!
Even my husband who would rather be eating a burger on a Saturday night raved about how good it was!
Tex Mex Salad
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 4 sliced of bacon/turkey bacon
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup jalapenos
- 5 cups of spring mix
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup salsa
1. In a sauté pan, add the chicken broth and cook the chicken for about 6 minutes per side, or until no longer pink. Salt and pepper. While the chicken is cooking, cook your bacon until crisp.
2. Once the chicken is done, layer bacon, cheese and jalapenos on a foil lines baking sheet and stick under the broiler for a minute of two, just until the cheese is melted.
3. Assemble salad by placing the spring mix on a plate, followed by the chicken, avocados, green bell peppers, red onion and top it all off with the salsa!
Serve and enjoy!
This salad is simple but tastes so good!
We had gone out for tacos for lunch before making these salads and we both agreed that our overpriced tacos didn’t even taste as good as this salad!
Feel free to add in other vegetables to your salad as well such as corn to give it even more Tex Mex flare!