Yesterday was a rest day for me. I had hoped I could get in my plyometric workout, but after running errands I didn’t have enough time to get it in before the TV guy was going to come over between 10-noon. So, instead of putting pressure on myself to somehow get it done in the afternoon I decided it would be my rest day number one for the week.
I wasn’t completely inactive though, I did walk the dog yesterday after breakfast to get in a few miles!
Here is where I stand for my workout plan of the week:
45 minutes cardio + core 45 minutes cardio + core
- 20 minutes intervals on treadmill + strength (today’s workout)
- 20 minutes intervals on treadmill + strength (Saturday’s workout)
- Plyometric workout (Friday’s workout)
On Monday’s post I blogged about how I wanted to lose 5lbs. So far I’m down about 1 1/2 lbs. Remember, I started on a Monday when I took my weight and I’m always a bit heavier on Monday’s from eating a little differently on the weekends. My goal is by August 28th (my 2nd anniversary) I would like the weight to be off. That mean’s if I lose just a pound a week over the next five weeks, I should easily hit my goal! I don’t want to do anything drastic since I’m still nursing Cameryn. So I’m taking the slow and steady wins the race approach!
Here are my eats from yesterday:
- Breakfast: Ezekiel wrap with cheese, spinach, egg and salsa + decaf coffee
- AM Snack- Clif Mojo bar
- Lunch- a few Amy’s pits chips with eggplant hummus around noon while the TV guy was here and then at 1:30, citrus smoothie
- Dinner- Rigatoni pasta with tuna, cherry tomatoes, capers and artichokes + 4 small dark chocolate pieces for dessert!
*I haven’t been having my PM snack, but that isn’t on purpose, I still plan on having on every day, but I’ve been eating my lunch so late that I skip it since I’m not hungry for it before dinner.*
On the agenda for today is my workout (20 minutes of intervals + strength) and then I’m training a couple clients. Afterwards, I’m heading home to get some things done around the house like the dreaded laundry and then heading out to get my hair done this afternoon.
That’s about it on the agenda for today. We’re planning on having salads tonight for dinner which is always easy to get together, just chop and serve, plus we already have all the vegetables on hand so I don’t need to run out for anything!
I hope you all have a fantastic day!!! I’m off to make and eat a little breakfast before getting ready and heading into the gym!
I’ll be back later with the workout of the day!
Trainer’s Tip: Remember to be the best possible version of yourself that you can be. That means respecting your body by eating healthy and also getting in some type of movement, even if it is a 10 minute walk!
- What did you have for breakfast today?
- What is your all time favorite breakfast?
- What is you favorite meal of the day? My answer is breakfast! It’s the most import meal of the day and I always love starting my days off on a positive note!