Workout of the Week: Intervals with Plyometric Circuit

19 Jul

Are you looking for a compact workout that will burn extreme calories?  Look no further!

This workout will have you dripping in sweat and pushing yourself past your comfort limits!  Not only will it tone up your legs and abs, it will also condition your heart with both the intervals and plyometrics!

I hope you guys have fun doing this and I know I will!  I plan on doing it tomorrow morning!  Yay!

*Remember to consult with your doctor before trying out a new workout program!*

_______________

Intervals and Plyometric Workout

Treadmill Intervals

Time Speed Incline
0-1:00 4 0
1:00- 2:00 8 0
2:00-3:00 4 0
3:00-4:00 8.2 0
4:00-5:00 4 0
5:00-6:00 8.4 0
6:00-7:00 4 0
7:00-8:00 8.6 0
8:00-9:00 4 0
9:00-10:00 7 6

*Make sure to time your circuits*

• 50 Jumping Lunges
  • 30 Push Ups
  • 50 Jumping Squats
  • 1 Minute Plank Hold
  • 100 Mountain Climbers
  • 1 Minute Plank Hold
  • 50 Speed Skaters

Repeat the intervals and circuit three times trying to get a faster time on the circuit every time you do it!

*This is one challenging workout, are you ready for it?

The workout will probably take about 50-55 minutes to complete!

Like always, remember to have fun and feel free to adjust the speed on the intervals according to your own fitness level.  Make sure you really push yourself on them!

*Note- if you don’t have a treadmill available, just use any piece of cardio and adjust the setting accordingly!

_______________

This workout is what I plan on doing tomorrow morning and I can’t wait to challenge myself and my muscles!

If you guys have any questions on the exercises, please leave a comment below or shoot me an email at trainerkjirsten @ aol .com and I can post some videos!  Smile

I hope you all have a great night and I will see you back here tomorrow with my new chopped hair!  Yes, I chopped my hair and I don’t know what I was thinking…I’ll post the pictures tomorrow!

11 Responses to “Workout of the Week: Intervals with Plyometric Circuit”

1. Angie @ The Fitness Apple July 19, 2012 at 8:09 pm #

What a great one I am trying this tmrw and will blog about it!!!!!

2. Stephanie Henry July 19, 2012 at 10:09 pm #

I am beginning to “brave up” at the gym on my own and have been training with my trainer for several months, but on the days I do cardio only on my own, I have been doing a lot on the treadmill. I change it up here and there with the stepper and the elliptical, but my favorite right now is doing 45 mins total on the treadmill and putting my speed at 3.0 for two minutes, then I take it up to 4% for five minutes, then I take it up to 8% for five minutes, then up to 12% for five then back down to 8% and 4% and then back up and a level cool down at the end. I am pouring buckets of sweat and feel great after. I am not sure the plyometrics are a good idea for me due to knee issues, but how do you think I can change up my cardio so my body still responds well and burns fat efficiently? Do you think changing machines like I do occasionally is enough? What do you suggest as a trainer?

• Stephanie Henry July 19, 2012 at 10:13 pm #

PS I can do the intervalsexercises that do not involve the jumping. I there something else I could do or just do lunges and squats without the jumps?

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life July 20, 2012 at 6:10 am #

Stephanie if you are still being challenged by your treadmill workout, I don’t think you need to change it up yet. Once it becomes second nature (easy), then you’ll want to switch it up, by increasing the speed or adding in even more incline. Keep doing the elliptical or stair climber mixed in every now and again just to keep the body guessing.
      I would suggest not doing the plyo jumps with bad knees. You could definetely sub in walking lunges or lunges and regular squats. They both should still get your heart rate up, giving you a great workout! 🙂

3. allieksmith July 20, 2012 at 6:11 am #

Wow, this workout looks brutal, in the best possible way!

4. Julie August 12, 2012 at 7:09 pm #

Do you do the treadmill intervals three times in a row and then head on to the plyometric circuits three times? Or do you do one treadmill interval then one ploy circuit and do this three times??

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life August 13, 2012 at 6:11 am #

You can do it either way, but I think doing one treadmill interval and then one plyo circuit would be best! That is how I typically do them. The intervals will get your heart rate up and the plyos will keep it up. I think if you did all 3 interval circuits, you might get too tired to fully give your all on the plyometrics, or at least I do! 🙂

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Too Sore! « - July 20, 2012

[…] was planning on doing yesterday’s workout of the week,  interval and plyometric workout today but that didn’t happen.  When I tried to do one jumping lunge, I was in pain so I knew […]

2. Friday!!! « - July 27, 2012

[…] case you missed it, check out last weeks workout of the week.  It was super intense!  It will get you in shape in no time at […]