Cameryn: Week 27

30 Jul

Week 27 was all about the solids!

Cameryn started eating solids just a few days after her six month birthday.  We started her on rice cereal and she wasn’t too sure about it at first.  Since, I think it has grown on her.  She eats about 1-2tbsp at a time and we try to feed her in the morning, somewhere around 8-10am, depending on her mood and the day.

Our plan with solids is to feed her rice cereal for a week, then move onto oatmeal cereal for a week, then on to a multi grain cereal for a week, then on to green vegetables, other vegetables and then fruits!  I’m most excited to feed her vegetables and fruit!  I hope she like them!  I’m sure she will though, just like her mama!  Smile

Before she was born I got her the Beaba Baby Food Maker and I can’t wait to start making her foods.  It is going to be so much fun for both me and her!  Maybe me just a bit more!

Other than starting solids, there weren’t another notable changes this week, other than she is growing like a weed!  She is still in six month clothing but will be in nine month clothing very quickly.  I’ve been buying a lot of nine month clothing when I’m out and about and see something cute so I think we are all set there, but now it is onto 12 month clothing!  I love that I get to always be shopping for baby clothing since they grow so fast!  I hope to have another girl at some point so we can reuse all her cute outfits again!  Smile

Here are Cameryn’s week 27 pictures:

IMG_0604

Mommy and CamerynIMG_0617

Crawling backwards…

IMG_0619

First time trying solidsIMG_0639IMG_0651IMG_0740IMG_0784IMG_0811

16 Responses to “Cameryn: Week 27”

1. Alicia July 30, 2012 at 1:39 pm #

YAY for solids!! I’m so excited to start them with Aiden, I have a feeling he’s gonna love it! Cameryn looks adorable, she’s growing up sooo fast! Ahh! Love the pic of you and her! GORGEOUS gals!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life July 31, 2012 at 7:21 am #

C loves them, although she doesn’t want them everyday. I will try feeding her and she will turn her head! I think once we get to better foods she will love them!

2. Shanna, like Banana July 30, 2012 at 1:49 pm #

Oh how I love the towel pics. So so cute! And that pic of both of you is amazing! Beautiful ladies 🙂

Solids are fun. I’ve started making some of bean’s and it’s always a laugh to see which ones he likes and doesn’t like. So far, he loves sweet potatoes and squash and all fruits. Broccoli, however, is not a fan favorite.

3. Stephanie Henry July 30, 2012 at 2:05 pm #

Hey, If you have not tried it yet, making your own rice cereal is fabulous. When I made it for my babies, it was hard to stay out of it myself. Can’t say that for the boxed stuff on cereals. Making baby food is so fun and rewarding and tastes so much better. Have fun!!!

• Stephanie Henry July 30, 2012 at 2:09 pm #

Also, feed a solid in the evening, she may sleep in longer!! Always a plus!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life July 31, 2012 at 7:19 am #

I think we will start two solid meals a day in maybe about a month! 🙂 Then she can have cereal/fruit in the morning and vegetables at dinner!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life July 31, 2012 at 7:20 am #

I have read about it and found an uber simple recipe, but I figured I would just use what we have before I make my own for her!

4. allieksmith July 30, 2012 at 3:58 pm #

Aww, I love love LOVE the first two pictures.. of Cameryn’s bright eyes and happy smile and of you two together. So adorable! I’m glad solid have begun for you guys, how exciting!

5. HeatherB July 30, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

Awwwe, she looks so cute as usual and YOUR hair looks so good!!!

6. La. July 30, 2012 at 9:43 pm #

You look so cute with her! Why aren’t u making her food with your vita mix? That is my plan!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life July 31, 2012 at 7:17 am #

Thanks! 🙂

I got the vitamix after we had already purchased the Beaba Baby Maker. So I’ll give it a go and if I don’t like using it, I’ll use the blender!

7. morriskr July 31, 2012 at 6:42 am #

So cute! You should buy a few waterproof bibs, then you can just wash it off in the sink and don’t have to worry about staining your regular bibs. I just put it on over my son’s regular bib for eating.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life July 31, 2012 at 7:16 am #

We have one, but it looks so big on her she has a hard time trying to get her arms around it. I saw some at Target though I might pick up today when I go there. It would be a lot easier and cleaner!