Cameryn Olivia: 9 Months

27 Oct

My little princess turned 9 months last week.  She is such a little girl now, as so does not act like a little baby. She is talking and on the go 24/7.

Cameryn has gotten super good at saying mama and is still mastering dada.  Keith and I agreed that her first official word is mama!  I feel so proud!  Smile

Cameryn still has no teeth and she has only a little bit of hair.  I’m not sure when either will grow in, but I’m hoping sooner than later.

Cameryn is a crawling machine and gets from one room to another is no time flat.  She is a fast crawler.

Although she wishes she could, she is still learning how to stand on her own.  She is still a bit wobbly on her legs.

One of her favorite activities is holding on to our fingers and walking across the room.  She gets so smiley and proud of her self.  I recently bought her the Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Stride-to-Ride Puppy to help encourage her to stand and walk on her own.

She loves playing and can play on her own pretty good.  She loves toys that light up and makes noise.

She is also super curious all of a sudden.  Anything new, she likes to investigate.  Including every inch of the new house.

Cameryn has also discovered her love of being outdoors.  She just loves hanging out outside.

She is becoming more and more independent by the day.

She is still nursing and she still wont eat anything pureed.  I can’t wait until she has some teeth so I feel more comfortable giving her solid foods.  Foods she loves are avocado, banana, apples (she loves biting on the core as well, I think it feels good on her gums and she gets a little juice at the same time), puffs and crèmes, frozen blueberries (cut into fourths), frozen peas, ice cubes in the mesh feeder, cherry tomatoes.  I want to try some beans next and also quinoa.  I hope she likes them.  I also have some Ezekiel pita’s I want to warm in the oven and see if she likes them.  If she does, I can give her some pita and hummus!  She is also starting to drink a little water from her sippy cups.

At her 9 month doctor’s appointment he checked out super healthy.  Here were her stats:

• Weight:  15lbs 11oz, 10%
  • Height:  26 3/4 inches, 15%
  • Head:  42cm, 7%

Month 9 Pictures:

IMG_2289IMG_2297IMG_2403IMG_2476IMG_2481IMG_2534

16 Responses to “Cameryn Olivia: 9 Months”

1. katie October 27, 2012 at 12:11 pm #

She is so cute! My little guy is 2 weeks younger than cameryn and is super active also. Is she sleeping good? Our nights are improving but naps are still hit and miss. I’m thinking he is just too busy and doesn’t want to stop to sleep. Ha!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 28, 2012 at 7:00 am #

Thanks Kaite! She is starting to sleep pretty good. She usually goes down between 6-7:30 and then sleeps until about 3am. She will be up for just a bit and then back to bed until 6-7:30am, she is sleeping about 12 hours a night! Napping is going okay. Once we are a bit more settled in our new house I’m going to enforce a nap time on a schedule but right now I am just putting her down for a nap when she starts getting cranky, usually around 10am and 3pm. Glad to hear your little one is sleeping better!

2. HollieisFueledByLOLZ October 27, 2012 at 1:30 pm #

She is so cute! I cannot believe how old and big she is getting! Love to see you updating! 🙂

3. Irene October 29, 2012 at 8:27 am #

She is a tiny little doll!

4. Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily October 29, 2012 at 12:05 pm #

What a cutie! I love the last picture!!!

5. allieksmith October 29, 2012 at 2:31 pm #

Aww, look at Cameryn! She is ADORABLE!

6. La. October 30, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

They are growing aren’t they!!!! I LOVE jeggings! I’m glad you are posting again! She gets prettier every month!

7. Alicia November 6, 2012 at 7:58 am #

She is getting cuter and cuter by the minute!! 😀 Aiden still isn’t crawling, but he’s trying to! Has she been sleeping in her crib yet? We are starting to work on that transition, I feel that he will sleep better in his own room bc any little noise in our room causes him to wake up. :-/ It’s a tough process, I’m thinking about getting a few books on sleep training, to help us out because I know it’s gonna be tough.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 10, 2012 at 6:53 am #

Thanks Alicia!

We haven’t started the transition to the crib yet, but we are in the same boat. I think Cameryn will sleep a lot better in her own crib. She tosses and turns all night long and wakes up quite a bit. Plus we aren’t getting good sleep either with her in the bed. Our problem is she likes to nurse to sleep so I need to help her overcome that before trying to get her into the crib. I got the No Cry Sleep Solution book and I think we are going to try and use it to transition her into her crib when the time comes.

• Alicia November 13, 2012 at 7:56 am #

We’re in the same situation, A loves to nurse to sleep and when he wakes up he wants to nurse still for comfort. We put him in his bassinet but he always ends up in our bed, usually because he wants to nurse or doesn’t feel us next to him. I always worry about it becoming a bad habit, but I’ve heard from many nursing moms that this is totally normal, babies are programmed to co-sleep, it’s society that doesn’t understand this notion. 🙂 I remind myself this all the time and just think that they are only babies for such a short time, (I still can’t believe he’s not a baby baby, he’s changing so much!) so I ought to cherish this time where I am needed the most, soon he’ll be all grown and won’t need me at all. I think it’s worth it, regardless of the lack of quality sleep I’m getting. We are thinking of you guys always, hope you and C are doing well! ❤

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 13, 2012 at 8:08 pm #

It’s nice to hear from people in the same boat. I do enjoy snuggling with Cameryn at night and it is society that tells us it’s not normal to sleep with your baby, although most other cultures do. I can already tell C is getting a lot more independent so I am just enjoying all the snuggles I can get before she doesn’t want anything to do with me! :). Although I must add, once we do have her in her crib, it will feel nice not having to worry about how I am going to get her to sleep in there!