Happy New Year: 2013

1 Jan

Hey Friends!

How have you all been?  It’s been a while since I’ve published a post!  I was going to start blogging regularly in November and then December and then I decided I’m just going to wait for the new year!

My family and I have been really good!  As you know, we moved into a new home in October and then since late October have been busy entertaining and  hosting guests.  I don’t think that is going to end anytime in the next few months.  Keith and I don’t try and pretend people want to see us, we know all the visitors are here to see the baby!  Smile

Speaking of the baby, Cameryn will turn 1 year old in just a few shorts weeks.  Like many have said before me, I have no idea where this past year has gone.  It is crazy to think that just a year ago I was getting word that I was being put on bed rest and that the baby was going to be here early!  It honestly feels just like yesterday!

This past year, 2012, was full of fun new adventures for us.  I’d have to say the biggest and best thing that happened in 2012 was the birth of Cameryn, our first born beautiful daughter!  I’m not sure what we have in store for us in 2013, but I hope it is just as blessed as 2012!

I’m not setting any goals in stone this year, but here is what I would like and try to work on:

• Attending Church every Sunday (I can sometimes get lazy and skip)
  • Be as healthy as I can and prepare my body for another baby sometime in the future
  • Continue working out and pushing myself in the gym
  • Start and keep a yoga routine (I’m so back and forth on getting yoga in)
  • Meditate daily for 15 minutes
  • Eat more vegetables (I want to make sure to set an excellent example so Cameryn grows up loving her greens)
  • Be a better wife (I can get so caught up in the baby I have a tendency to forget about Keith Winking smile)
  • Be the best mother I can be to Cameryn

I think that is it!  So as you can see I do have many things I want to improve on, but these are things that I’m always striving to be better at, not something I’m going to change just because it is 2013.

Last night we spend our first New Years Eve with Cam just hanging out at home!  We went out for a NYE lunch so we could get the baby to bed at a reasonably time.  At 7:35pm, Keith and I had a little countdown with the baby and she was so excited when we were saying “happy new year,” she was laughing at smiling!  I am already looking forward to NYE with her next year!

With all that being said, I hope you all had a great New Years Eve and are spending today with loved ones and enjoying one last holiday before the holidays are over!

• What are your New Years resolutions?
  • Did you keep your resolutions from 2012?
  • What did you do for NYE?

10 Responses to “Happy New Year: 2013”

1. Shanna, like Banana January 1, 2013 at 2:26 pm #

Happy New Year hon!

This last year has been a whirlwind of amazingness (for us both!) and I look forward to another incredible year.

As for NYE, we stayed in, watched a movie, ate pizza, and drank wine. It was perfect 😉

2. Elizabeth January 1, 2013 at 2:49 pm #

Sounds like you’ve been busy! I look forward to you getting back to blogging! Happy New Year!

3. Maria@healthydiaries January 1, 2013 at 9:16 pm #

I can’t believe Cameryn is turning one either, it really feels like I was just reading about you being put on bed rest the other day! I actually have a lot of resolutions in common with you! I skip church sometimes because I’m too lazy and I want to really practice yoga at least a couple times a week.

Glad your back to blogging! I hope you have a wonderful new year!

4. mhealthydiaries January 1, 2013 at 9:17 pm #

Glad your back to blogging! I hope you have a wonderful new year!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 3, 2013 at 7:40 pm #

I know me either! Tomorrow is one year ago that I was on bed rest! Crazy how quickly time goes by! It is so tempting to skip church, but now that we have a little one I think it is really important to go every Sunday so this Sunday I’ll be at mass! 🙂

5. Alicia January 4, 2013 at 1:29 pm #

I definitely need to work on spending more quality time with the hubby. We have yet to go on a date by ourselves since A was born….so that’s a major goal for us this year. It’s tough with family not being close to us, but we’ve got to remember to make time for each other throughout our busy lives.

Glad to hear ya’ll had a nice NYE, I’m glad Cameryn got to enjoy her first NYE countdown! 🙂

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 5, 2013 at 7:36 am #

We are in the same boat as far as not having family around. We still haven’t gone on a date either since C was born. It is hard because when family comes into town they want to babysit and get us out of the house but since Cameryn doesn’t know them and is scared, we can’t leave her with them (the only people we would really trust babysitting her at this point). So, I think we need to start looking for a local babysitter, although it is hard to trust someone else with the baby!

• Alicia January 6, 2013 at 3:15 pm #

I hear ya, I love the idea of having a babysitter but the reality of it freaks me out! I cannot help but be a worry-wart about it. I know I need to make more time for me and the hubby but I just don’t know how I’m going to trust someone to watch A. This is definitely one of the hardest parts about living away from family. :-/