Back to Reality

3 Jan

These past few days have been a real shock to my system, but a much needed shock!

So far I’ve worked out the past two days and today plan on doing an hour of yoga.  Since I’m not in the gym training this week, I’ve decided to just do cardio at home until I can get back in there over the weekend.  The first day I did cardio after taking about a week and a half off was a challenge!  My heart rate was a lot higher then normal, but by day two of cardio it was feeling good again.  I love plugging my headphones into my iPad and listening to the Dance Cardio station on Pandora!  I love getting lost in the music and just going hard for my 45 minutes while I’m on the elliptical (that’s if the baby is playing nicely and letting mama workout)!  Winking smile

I was planning on getting in another cardio session today (burning off all those holiday goodies I consumed), but she was having the worst teething pain and literally would not let me put her down.  The only place she was okay with me not holding her was if we were snuggling in bed.  I had a bunch of errands I wanted to get done today along with some house work, but I had to postpone all of that to take care of the little girl.  I felt so awful for her and nothing was making her feel better.  Since I couldn’t do the elliptical while holding her, I decided to try out a little yoga instead.  She liked all the different poses I was doing and luckily Daddy came home to hold here about 10 minutes into it.

Eating healthy hasn’t been hard since my body and my mind feel the best when I’m eating a clean diet.  I could really notice over the holidays how my energy was a lot lower than normal, just with eating sweets and some other not so healthy items.  Last night I made a giant pot of chicken tortilla soup that I found a recipe for over on EatingWell.com.  It ended up tasting really good and we’ll be eating it for dinner for the next couple days.

Incase anyone is interested, here is the yoga DVD I did for the first time today.  I got it in my stocking from Santa!  Smile

Here was my EATS from today:

• Breakfast:  Decaf coffee, Ezekiel English muffin with Earth Balance coconut oil peanut butter, 1/2 banana and chia seeds
  • AM Snack:  Kind Bar
  • Lunch:  Light string cheese, 2 eggs
  • PM Snack:  Clif Mojo bar
  • Dinner:  Eating Well’s homemade chicken tortilla soup with a few tortilla chips, Greek yogurt and cheese
  • Dessert:  So Delicious Mint Chocolate Coconut Milk  <—amazing!  It’s almost gone and I’ve been savoring every last drop of it!  Smile

So as you can see my eats aren’t perfect but this is a big improvement from over the holidays.  I definitely need to add in more raw veggies and fruits and eliminate a little dairy (I don’t need cheese more than once a day if that) and just improve my choices for my daily snacks.  One of my Christmas presents was this cookbook by Mimi Kirk, Live Raw

I haven’t made any of the recipes from it yet, but since I want to start eating more raw veggies and fruits I know I will be using this a lot!  I have about 10 bookmarked that will be made soon.

Speaking of Christmas, since I didn’t do a Christmas post this year I thought I’d share a few pictures of Cameryn from the holidays:

Cam’s first picture with Santa!

Santa 19

Christmas Day!

IMG_4210IMG_4217

Okay, I think this post has been one big ramble!  If anyone is still reading, have a great night and I’ll see you guys back here tomorrow!  I’m planning on getting up bright and early and getting my cardio and core workout over with!

Question:  What was your most memorable part of the holidays?

Mine was celebrating Christmas with Cameryn for the first time!  I had the best Christmas ever with her!  I spoiled her a bit too much, but hey, isn’t that what mom’s are suppose to do?

11 Responses to “Back to Reality”

1. PB and Peppers (@JenatPBandP) January 3, 2013 at 7:45 pm #

Cam is adorable!!! The Live Raw cookbook looks good! I’m going to check it out on Amazon! My goal this year is to eat more fruits and vegetables and less carbs!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 4, 2013 at 6:49 am #

Thanks! I found to cookbook when I was on Amazon ordering The Beauty Detox book and I was super excited to get both in the mail. It has a ton of great vegetables and like you said, 2013 is about eating more fruits and vegetables and less carbs (and meat for me)!

2. allieksmith January 4, 2013 at 7:24 am #

I love Cam’s first picture with Santa LOL!! Yay for getting back in to the swing of working out and eating healthy. It feels good, doesn’t it?!

3. Alicia January 4, 2013 at 9:41 am #

Teething has been AWFUL for us as well. I just don’t get it, just when I think we’ve gotten into a good bedtime/naptime schedule, teething pops up and screws everything up. A went from sleeping 4+ hours when we’d initally put him down in his crib to waking up every hour lately in a complete fuss. 😦 Even when he’s in bed with us he’s tossing and turning and rolling around between us, clearly not getting a good night’s rest. :-/

Cam is ADORABLE!! I seriously cannot believe how fast our babies are growing, doesn’t it seem like yesterday they were itty bitty newborns?!

So glad to hear ya’ll had an awesome Christmas and hoping the new year is just as awesome! ❤ ❤

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 5, 2013 at 7:43 am #

Teething is so awful! I feel so bad for them. When did you guys get A in his crib? C is still sleeping with us and I’m thinking it will be time to get her into her crib once she starts walking (she is so close and can take about 4 steps on her own). The bed isn’t big enough for all of us and I think she’ll sleep better in her own space. Any adice or tips?

They babies are gorwing up way too quickly! I wish I could freeze time or at least make it go by slower!

• Alicia January 6, 2013 at 3:11 pm #

We first started putting him in his crib at the beginning of December, right after Thanksgiving. I started incorporating a consistent bedtime routine and would tell him it’s time to go “night-night” and placed him in his bed awake. He’d cry for not more than 5 mins and then I’d go in, comfort him and pat his back. My friend, who works at a daycare, recommended me patting him to sleep as a soothing technique since thats what they do at the daycare she works at during nap time. Sure enough it totally worked. Within the first week he started falling asleep on “his own” (without having to nurse himself to sleep). I know he’s dependent on me patting him but it helps that he’ll sleep in his bed for part of the night. Within a few days he was sleeping from 7pm til 11:30-12, at midnight he’d wake up and I’d bring him to our bed to nurse him and go back to sleep. Now, thanks to teething he’s waking up more frequently, and is just NOT getting good sleep even when he’s in bed with us. 😦 {I was never fond of letting him cry-it-out, but allowing him to cry for only a few minutes was doable since I knew it was only a short time and I was able to go in a comfort him right after.) Hope this helps!! XOXO Keep me posted!

4. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries January 4, 2013 at 10:02 am #

Cameron is so beautiful! I love all the cute outfits you get for her! 🙂

My goal this year to continue to eat healthy and more consistently and to get back into working out. Since I had the baby 5 months ago I can’t still to any schedule I make! I know you understand!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 5, 2013 at 7:47 am #

Thanks! She is my little sweeite!

It is hard to get on a schedule once the baby arrives but you just need to make time for it and slowly get back to a routine! And BTW, I can’t believe you had R five months ago already!

5. Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily January 4, 2013 at 12:25 pm #

I love her outfit on Christmas day, so cute! I took some time off from working out and then of course too many delicious goodies over the holidays, I was starting to feel like a total slug. It felt so amazing to get up and sweat this morning and I’ve had the BEST energy all day today!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 5, 2013 at 7:38 am #

Working out gives the best energy! It is fun to let loose over the holidays but I think it feels even better to get back to reality and back after it with the workouts!